Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Offline Bon with Fire Game Helper Premium Version


But no matter what happens at night, the sun will always rise, and your crew will get right back to work. This game throws a tremendous amount of content at its players and, despite lacking any sort of tutorial, the basics are surprisingly easy to pick up. Plus, Xigma Games does an excellent job of pacing the gameplay and offering new buildings, enemies, and gameplay elements as you stretch out your playtime. It's safe to say that there's never an idle moment in The Bonfire 2 and trying to play it like an idle clicker probably isn't the best way to run your settlement.

If I have any complaints about The Bonfire 2, it's that the game starts out a bit on the slow side before finding its groove. With only a few villagers, it's difficult to quickly complete any crafting project, and it's not until you're several hours in that the tension starts to pick up. You also need to craft certain buildings to unlock others, even if there's no logical reason for it - other than helping to guide the action and not overwhelm the player. There are a few graphical hiccups, too - a few times I stumbled upon boars walking backwards - and patrolling guards tend to bump into buildings and cluster in a group as opposed to actually searching the perimeter.

The Bonfire 2 far surpasses the expectations set by the original title and raises the bar for all other mobile survival games. As a premium title, it's not beholden to cheap time gates or frequent advertisements. Instead, there is no respite from the grim reality of your village. Build your settlement, defend it from terrors of the night, and shake off any casualties before getting back to the grind. It's a thrilling gameplay loop, and one that I won't soon tire from - though I doubt my villagers feel the same.
The reason the earlier part of my week was quiet was because I got Xigma Games’ The Bonfire 2 about a week early and was trying to give it some proper attention and review it in time for release. Unfortunately, it turned out the version I was playing was not the latest, and besides a slew of annoying little bugs that since got fixed, my save file got corrupted. So the videos I made of that run are a little outdated. I then started a new game, but since I didn’t have time to finish before release and my review wasn’t fully applicable anymore, I scrapped it. I still have a lot to say, though, so pull up a chair. In many ways, The Bonfire 2 is a big improvement on the original.
The developers listened to a lot of feedback and made a sequel that’s about three-to-four times longer than the first game and gives players much more freedom to design their village. I especially like the setting of three islands with waterfalls running between them. They also added a fast-forward button for times when there’s not much to do, and I appreciate that iCloud sync was included from the start. But there are still some issues that are hard to ignore.
The behavior of villagers is often nonsensical and gets them killed. I had a tower guard get killed because he ignored the spiders attacking him and focused on one further away that was already being dealt with by other guards. I’ve had guards wander off on their own and get killed, when they would have been perfectly fine if they just stuck with the group.
Thankfully, you can reset the day if someone gets killed like that and hope for better luck next time, or even shut off auto-save and revert to your last manual save if something goes wrong. But after a while, that becomes tedious. It also means that much of my second playthrough is about working around that nonsensical AI. For instance, I don’t use hunters anymore because too often they would leave meat lying around and a guard would go running after it and get killed. Other food sources are more reliable and less risky, so I just don’t have hunters.

Post a Comment

0 Comments